Singing outdoors is an opportunity to connect and bond with nature, ourselves and one another. The singing walks and sessions are all within walking distance of Fernhurst Village Centre (where there are parking spaces available). Fernhurst village is located in West Sussex, England.
Songs are taught by ear so there’s no need to read music and are generally short and sweet. If you’d like to get a flavour of the types of songs we’ll sing you can look up Natural Voice Network and Singing Mamas Choir on youtube.
Each walk is unique and may include a private woodland I have access to nearby for the walks. Stepping inside after I’ve entered the code at the gate feels like entering a secret garden; a real delight. Simple nature connection practices are woven into the walks.
We walk towards rather than to a specific destination removing any pressure and creating a sense of wonder. Currently I am delivering 2 hour walks. They can be a different length for one-to-one walks.
The woodland terrain is rough with tree roots and unfortunately unsuitable for standard wheelchairs.
Cost to attend a group walk is £10 and the first one you attend is a suggested donation of £7. We will refund your donation if you don’t enjoy the experience.
We are in the process of creating a singing community so if you would like to continue unfurling your voice and coming together in this supportive atmosphere sign up for 3 sessions at £30.
If you would like a one-to-one singing walk (£30) or you have some friends in mind you’d like to bring for a bespoke group session be in touch and let me know your availability so we can put it in the diary.
For dates and more information email us using the contact form.
- An adequate level of fitness is required for the singing walks. They include hills.
- Bring your own drinks and snacks as needed especially in summer. Keeping hydrated helps us sing.
- Wear clothing suitable for the weather. It can get muddy, particularly in winter when the paths are less dry.
- So that we can enjoy the fresh air and deepen our breathing, wear no or minimal scents and there is a no smoking rule on the singing walk.
- If you are interested in taking part you will be sent information to read through. You will be expected to mention you have read and agreed to this every time you confirm by email that you will be attending a singing walk. This is for the well-being and safety of all and includes Covid awareness.