Songs are taught by ear – so there’s no need to be able to read music. If you’d like to get a flavour of the types of songs we’ll sing you can look up Natural Voice Network and Singing Mamas Choir on youtube.
We walk towards rather than to a specific destination removing any pressure and creating a sense of wonder. Currently I am delivering 90 minute walks. They can be a different length for one-to-one walks.
The woodland terrain is rough with tree roots and unfortunately unsuitable for standard wheelchairs.
Cost to attend a group session is £6.
We are in the process of creating a singing community so if you would like to continue unfurling your voice and coming together in this supportive atmosphere you can sign up for multiple sessions.
If you would like a one-to-one singing walk or you have some friends in mind you’d like to bring for a bespoke group session be in touch and let me know your availability so we can put it in the diary.
For dates and more information email us using the contact form.
- An adequate level of fitness is required for the singing walks. They include hills.
- Bring your own drinks and snacks as needed especially in summer. Keeping hydrated helps us sing.
- Wear clothing suitable for the weather. It can get muddy, particularly in winter when the paths are less dry.
- So that we can enjoy the fresh air and deepen our breathing, wear no or minimal scents and there is a no smoking rule on the singing walk.
- If you are interested in taking part you will be sent information to read through. You will be expected to mention you have read and agreed to this every time you confirm by email that you will be attending a singing walk. This is for the well-being and safety of all and includes Covid awareness.
Here is a message posted on the Facebook page 12/05/22:
Just to let you know how things are unfolding with Singing In Nature.
There are no upcoming dates for events at present.
I am developing my connections and contacts to collaborate with.
I have access to two woodland sites and one market garden to share songs and nature with you.
My influences are mentioned below to give you a taste of what’s to come.
I am mentored by Thomas Schorr-kon; an expert in survival skills and nature connection who has years of experience working with numerous ages and backgrounds.
I am also mentored by Chris North; a lifemusician. Lifemusic is a structured approach to improvisation and a LOT of fun! I receive singing lessons and mentoring from two Natural Voice Leaders I have great respect for; Anna Tabbush and Su Hart.
I am in conversation with a dance facilitator about collaborating in one of the woodlands but shall not name her until we confirm our collaboration.
I am applying for grants and business mentoring because setting things up is a challenging time. It involves investing energy, time and money before things are settled enough to sustain a person financially.